Origin Health Ltd
Colloidal Silver is a liquid trace element supplement that can be used internally as well as applied externally to support the immune system of humans and animals alike. It can be safely applied to external problem areas or mixed under your pet’s food since it has no smell and is almost tasteless. Sometimes it’s all that is needed to make a dramatic difference to your pet’s well-being.
Colloidal Silver is gentle enough to apply to the eyes while being able to destroy dangerous pathogens such as methicillin resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA), an antibiotic resistant ‘super bug’? Ref.1)
1. Dogs Naturally Magazine’ – recommendations on how to use Colloidal Silver
2. Veterinarian’s advice on the use of Colloidal Silver on cats
3. The use of colloidal silver on aquarium fish (patent application)
4. How to give Colloidal Silver to your pet / Dosage Guide
‘Dogs Naturally’ Magazine
The use of Colloidal Silver is not limited to humans; in fact many dog owners use it to naturally assist their pet’s immune system – inside and out. Ref. 2)
The magazine’s 5 ways to use CS:
Immune support for Infections
Colloidal Silver can be used to support your dog’s immune system against bacterial, viral (even to help the treatment of parvovirus) or fungal infections. It can also be used as a preventative.
Colloidal Silver can be used externally against skin infections, wounds, cuts and burns. It fosters tissue regeneration and provides frequently a rapid feeling of relief.
CS can be used to help resolve eye problems that are caused by infections, inflammation or allergies. It can be applied directly to the eyes as it does not sting.
CS has been used for dogs that are affected by ear infections to bring relief; the silver can be gently administered into the ears to help eradicate bacteria or yeast.
CS can also be inhaled to treat respiratory problems such as asthma, bronchitis or pneumonia, according to the website Wolf Creek Ranch.
The use of Colloidal Silver on aquarium fish
Roy E. and Mark A. Underwood, found Colloidal Silver to be effective in the application of a wide range of skin lesions on tropical and aquarium fish species by adding highly diluted doses of CS to the aquarium:
The silver was added repeatedly to the water at a concentration of 1ppb (parts per billion) which, according to the article, required the adding of 1 teaspoon Colloidal Silver (6 ppm concentration) to 40 gallon (38 litres) of water once every other day.
Super-low diffusions of CS (concentrations between 0.3 & 0.5 ppm) were also used as a preventative measure and showed to be able to prevent skin problems that are linked to bacteria and viruses. Click here to read the short abstract. Ref.4)
Veterinarian’s advice on the use of Colloidal Silver on cats
Holistically minded veterinarians such as Dr. Shawn Messonnier and the author Sandy Arora (‘Whole health for happy cats’) recommend CS to help cats that in need of immune support. Ref.3)
A summary of their findings:
• According to experts, there are no known side effects or drug interactions so you can administer CS in conjunction with medications that your vet may prescribe.
• Cats can be given CS for internal use (up to a concentration of 30 to 50 ppm- we found 10 ppm efficient).
• Simply adding CS to the cat’s wet food or a drinking bowl. A feeding syringe could be used too.
• Spray CS directly on wounds or skin irritations 2 to 3 times daily until the condition improves.
• The healing of dental problems, such as gingivitis, can be supported by applying CS directly to the gums and teeth using cotton wool or a gauze pad. Depending on your cat’s cooperation you may need leather gloves. Alternatively, you can squirt a dose of CS into the cat’s mouth using a syringe; the silver will mix with the saliva and will distribute throughout the oral cavity.
• Author Sandy Arora found CS effective to support the treatment of Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease (FLUTD) and Feline Urological Syndrome (FUS).
• Eye irritations and infections may be helped by wiping your cat’s eyes with a soft cloth (or cotton wool) soaked in undiluted CS two times daily.
Ref.1) Colloidal Silver: The undisputed cure for MRSA and other deadly super- pathogens: www.colloidalsilvercuresmrsa.com, MRSA (Multiple Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus); Colloidal Silver as a cure for MRSA, www.exfoli.com/mrsa
Ref.2) Recommendations from ‘Pets Naturally’ magazine on colloidal silver use on dogs:www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/ five-immune-boosting-uses-of-colloidal-silver
Ref.3) Recommendations of Dr. Shawn Massonnier on using CS on cats: www.ehow.com
Ref.4) Patent application, Underwood et al., July 2003, on the use of Colloidal Silver for skin problems on aquarium fish species
Please note: Colloidal Silver is a dietary trace mineral supplement and does not replace the care of a qualified vet. The references are included in the interest of consumer education and are not meant as a veterinarian prescription for any illness or disease of your pet. Please consult your vet for individual advice.